St Peter Paul's Wharf - The Worshipful Company of Parish Clerks

St Peter Paul's Wharf

• St Peter Paul's Wharf was a parish church in the City and was destroyed in the Great Fire in 1666. • First mentioned in the 12th Century, it stood to the north of Upper Thames Street in Queenhithe Ward and it was sometimes known as St Peter Parva or little to distinguish it from others dedicated to the same saint.

• The parish was defiant in continuing to use the Book of Common Prayer during the Civil War.

• After the Great Fire St Peter Paul’s Wharf was not among the churches chosen for re-building.

• Following the fire the parish was united with that of St Benet Paul’s Wharf.


Powered by SmugMug Log In