St Nicholas Acons
• St Nicholas Acons or Hacons possibly named after an early benefactor, the name Hacons being common in medieval London.
• The church dates back to the 9th century and was situated in Nicholas Lane within the City. • It was destroyed during the Great Fire and not rebuilt.
• Its parish book of 1539 however did survive. Entries record that a foundling was named Nicholas Acons after the parish church name.
• The parish was united with St Edmund King & Martyr, Lombard Street in 1670.
• In 1964 the churchyard was excavated and important Saxon remains were found.